Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring AAA in ACE using ANM

omarmontes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

Is there a way to do this? I cant find anywhere how to configure the AAA parameters for the ACE CLI access using the ANM. I know where to configure AAA for the ANM access, but not for the ACE devices.

thx in advance!

Omar M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Omar,

I'm afraid this is one of the few things that can only be configured through the CLI of the ACE.

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Omar,

I'm afraid this is one of the few things that can only be configured through the CLI of the ACE.

Regards

Daniel

Thank you Daniel!

Another quick question!

Is there a way to change the interface that the ACE uses for TACACSs requests? Also, there's gonna be a request for each context right?

Hi Omar,

Is there a way to change the interface that the ACE uses for TACACSs requests?

The interface to be used for the AAA request is chosen based on the routing table, so, unless the server is in a vlan directly connected to the ACE, you can define which interface to be used by configuring a static route towards the server.

Also, there's gonna be a request for each context right?

The AAA configuration is done on a per-context basis, so, each context will handle connections arriving to it following its own configuration settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: