Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ATA 187 + Modem support?

Michael Gerrard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We'd usually position FXS cards/VG2xx devices if a customer wants to use a modem-like device rather than ATA 186 because of past issues.

Does anyone have any experience with the new 187's with modems at all? The datasheets only seem to indicate that "fax modem" support is available. The device we want to support is a BACS system and also a franking machine.

Any views welcome!

Mike.

3 Replies 3

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

I'm aware the new ATA 187 is SIP based and support for T.38 for faxing. About modems I don't have much info.

T.38 faxing is a good start at least, but it's a shame that so far I'm finding that modems aren't explicitly supported. 14.4kbps max as well, which is a bit poor.

John Lukes
Level 1
Level 1

We have one coonected to a postage machine a Neopost IJ-90 with less than reliable connections and performance,

We fell back the modem speed and sometimes our mail room staff has to redial several times to load additional postage amounts.But they are able to connect and get additional postage..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: