cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPAM 1.2 to 1.3 Uprade Stuck

mark.nichols
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen a 1.3 upgrade get stuck? I'm working on our lab CIAC-PAME-1125 and it got stuck after the reboot.

Web Admin output is:

This page will get refreshed automatically in 5 seconds.

Starting post upgrade steps.                   Done

Initializing the data store.                   In progress

I've left it initializing for a few days now. Comes back to this state after reboot also.

Please help.

7 Replies 7

etijburg
Level 4
Level 4

I saw this yesterday.  I was upgrading two systems.  Both just out

of the box with 1.2.  The first one was fine and the second did the same thing your did.

If you pull up the weblog you will see the Database Upgrade fails and will never try again even after a reboot.

I had to go to the 1.3 ISO, burn it and then setup the server from scratch.

That's where I ended up also. Rebuilding our configuration from scratch was no fun.

I learned a big lesson about not trusting the upgrade process and backups are critical.

Thanks for the confirmation that this is happening to others.

Hello, did you ever get the recovery ISO ( 1.2 recovery cd) for CIAC-PAME-1125-K9 platform, if you did can you please share it with me

Regards

Hi @etijburg.. I am looking for this ISO image to do exactly what you did, to burn it and start from scratch. Where from did you get it?

Thanks

Hello,

Both the Cisco CPAM 1.2 and 1.3 Release System Recovery Disk (ISO) files are available on the Cisco Emerging Technologies Partner site; www.ciscoet.com.  If you are a registered Cisco Partner you can login and search on CPAM and download the file.  If you are not a Partner,  I would recommend that you open a TAC service request and ask the TAC Engineer to publish the file for you.

Please Note the following:

CPAM 1.3 Release System Recovery Disk (ISO)

Bootable System Recovery Disk ISO image for CPAM 1.3 Release. To be used only for system recovery with CSP-MSP-1RU-K9 platform.

CIAC-PAME-1125-K9 platforms should use version 1.2 recovery ISO, then upgrade with .bin file.

Thank you,
Antonios

Thanks a lot Antonios. Will do.

-Walid

Cory Blackman
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, do the backup first!  Out-of-box upgrades are one thing, but losing your whole badges/personnel/policies/etc. would really suck!  Restores are no fun either if the file is getting big...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: