cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrated Voice Mail Refusing Access From CLI

c.holding
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issues accessing my integrated voice mail from the command line and I keep receiving the message "connection refused by the host" and I do not receive a login prompt.  I do not see any issues with the script but this is a new install.

I can access with the GUI okay but I would like to pull the config down for my records on the voice mail.  Has anyone had this issue before or do you have any ideas to correct the problem?

11 Replies 11

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try the following from the router CLI:

1. Type "show sessions" and note the connection ID (first column) if there is an existing connection to CUE

2. Type "disconnect "

Then try to connect to the CUE CLI again.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I checked for open sessions but I do not have any sessions open.  I keep receiving the message Connection closed by foreign host.  I can access just fine from the GUI but no luck from the CLI.  The system acts like it is blocked by an access list but we have tried checking and everything looks good.  It is using line 67.

line 67

exec-timeout 60 0

no activation-character

no exec

transport preferred none

transport input all

transport output all

We have an open tac case with the vendor that installed the system but it has been over a week and we still do not have a solution.

Are you trying to accessing using:

service-module service-engine 0/0 session

or by telnetting directly to the CUE module from a remote machine?

Brandon

I am trying to access by doing

ser integr1/0 sess

Can you try "clear line 67"?

Brandon

No luck.  I can status the CUE, reset, restart, everything but telenet from the command line.

If you do "serv int 0/1 status" does it show TTY line 67?

Brandon

Yes it works fine.

Put a password on this line in the router config. Then try to telnet directly to the CUE module from another machine using "telnet 2067". Be sure the IP address is the one for the interface used in the "ip unnumbered" command on the integrated-service-engine interface.

Brandon

Also, if you do "show line" does it show the TTY line in use?

I added the password to line 67 and tried to telnet and it stil

l refuses connection by the remote host.

TTY     Line     Typ          TX/RX          A Modem     Roty     ACCo     ACCI     Uses     Noise     Overruns     Int

67         67 TTY     9600/9600   -                   -          -          -               -          0            0     0/160083     -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: