Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 Router - Can you use CCP?

William Benson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I recently installed an 881W (perfect small office equipment WTG Cisco) for a small branch office that will only have 2-3 personnel staffed there.  It was very easy to setup, the CCP application (once I got done playing with for an hour or two) made setup on the router a breeze.  I had the entire configuration including site to site VPN (preshare), wireless security etc. completed in probably 5 minutes tops.  I've always been a fan of the CLI over GUI based administration but I was pretty impressed with the CCP application.  I have 8 locations setup with WAN connectiviting via an MPLS cloud and 2811 routers.  I was wondering if it was possible to upgrade the IOS on these routers to allow remote administration with the CCP application?  I'd like to just play around with it, and see if it makes life any easier as far as management for all my devices through this little robust application.

Thanks Guys!

1 Reply 1

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

According to the release notes the 2800 series is supported with 12.4(9)T or higher with CCP 2.4.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_professional/v2_4/rlsnts/ccp_rel_notes.html#wp334328

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco