Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Analytics Extension

ratz.andras
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone.

I have a problem whit the installation of the  Analytics Extension.

I started it as it's writen in the documentation, added the key in the tms, the new menu poped up.

I creadted the user profiles, what is writen too.

I use 2 server, I for the TMS, and an other server just for the MSSQL server.

My problem started, when I wanted to install the exe, I chose the preconfigured option and filled out the form, and it sad, bad user or password.

First I used WhireShark on the SQL server, but there was no request to the sql server, while the  Analytics Extension isntaller tried to connect.

I tried out, that I connect whit SQL Manager from the TMS server to the MSSQL server, and that one worked, i can ping from TMS the SQL server, so there is no problem whit the connection or the ports, the firewall is not turned on.

I runned the PrepareDatabase.sql on the MSSQL server, of cource whit the right datas.

I checked the log file of the installer, there was nothing there, just the error message what have been writen on the screen.

Is there something that i have to add at the TMS sql ?

Thanx for the help.

2 Replies 2

ratz.andras
Level 1
Level 1

I could make it work, but I still have a little problem.

I use Excel 2007, I can connect to the SQL server, but after I fill out the credentials and hit the next, I don't saw any cubes there.

In the sql manager, if I connect to Analysis Server, the cube is there, the user I use in Excel to connect has the Read right.

Have anyone a suggestion?

Andreas,

Did you run the ETL job from the Analytics Extension web interface prior to trying to connect from Excel?

Regards,

K.J.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: