Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Analytics Extension

ratz.andras
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone.

I have a problem whit the installation of the  Analytics Extension.

I started it as it's writen in the documentation, added the key in the tms, the new menu poped up.

I creadted the user profiles, what is writen too.

I use 2 server, I for the TMS, and an other server just for the MSSQL server.

My problem started, when I wanted to install the exe, I chose the preconfigured option and filled out the form, and it sad, bad user or password.

First I used WhireShark on the SQL server, but there was no request to the sql server, while the  Analytics Extension isntaller tried to connect.

I tried out, that I connect whit SQL Manager from the TMS server to the MSSQL server, and that one worked, i can ping from TMS the SQL server, so there is no problem whit the connection or the ports, the firewall is not turned on.

I runned the PrepareDatabase.sql on the MSSQL server, of cource whit the right datas.

I checked the log file of the installer, there was nothing there, just the error message what have been writen on the screen.

Is there something that i have to add at the TMS sql ?

Thanx for the help.

2 Replies 2

ratz.andras
Level 1
Level 1

I could make it work, but I still have a little problem.

I use Excel 2007, I can connect to the SQL server, but after I fill out the credentials and hit the next, I don't saw any cubes there.

In the sql manager, if I connect to Analysis Server, the cube is there, the user I use in Excel to connect has the Read right.

Have anyone a suggestion?

Andreas,

Did you run the ETL job from the Analytics Extension web interface prior to trying to connect from Excel?

Regards,

K.J.