Views
Helpful
Replies

1131 AG lap keeps locking up.

carl.patterson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a Cisco 2100 with 16 1131 AG LAP's.  Every few days an AP seems to lock up and lose connection to the controller.  This has happened a few times with various methods to fix.  I either reboot the AP, reboot the controller or reboot the switch and then the controller.

Does anybody know why this may be happening?

I have instaaleda similar setup on various other sites and have had no issues.

All help greatly appreciated.

9 Replies 9

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

wat does the logs on the WLC say?? or debug say?

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I will post the logs ASAP.  It is a remote site with no remote access so will physically have to go to site to retrieve.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Better yet, what does the log say ON THE AP?

Hi

AP logs attached.

Thanks for your help.

Hi

Log files attached

Many thanks

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

Power issues?

Why dont you check mac-address activity in nthe port where AP is connected... What about cabling... hmnnmmm

Hi

Cabling is fine..  Brand new cabling install for these Ap's.  Brand new switch installed also.  Do you mean check the port on the switch?

Cheers

Cabling is fine..  Brand new cabling install for these Ap's.

I'm not buying this.  We purchased 1k straight-through cable for our wireless rollout.  The manufacturer claims that the cables were "tested".  Suuuuuuuuuuure.  We suffered 10% failure rate.

Lucky for us all our switches are 2960 because we run TDR testing on all the links just to make sure.

Right, even if it is brannd new, test the cable...

You never knnow... even power issues

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: