cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W with SPA8800 No Audio on Calls through SPA8800

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Installed a UC320W with a SPA8800, any call that comes through the SPA8800 has no audio.  The IP phones do ring and show a connected call when answered but no audio.

SR# 617596183

SBSC tier 2 has RMA'd the SPA8800 and still experiencing the same issue with the replacement.

Any suggestions on how to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Mario

4 Replies 4

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mario,

From your description and the information in the case, it would appear that Sip signaling is working for the call if the phones are ringing.  Here are a couple additional fault isolation questions:

1. What is the connection topology of your SPA8800 ... is it connected directly to the UC320W or does it go through a switch?
  2. If switch, what kind of switch is it?
  3. Have you tried routing your SPA 8800 FXO to another destination (like AA or directly to a phone)?
  4. Do outgoing calls through the SPA 8800 also fail?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

The SPA8800 connects directly to the UC320 on port 2.  If I move the PSTN lines from the FXO ports on the SPA8800 to the UC320 then I have two way audio, it is not a line issue.  Outgoing calls also fail as well.

SBSC has been able to duplicate and waiting for a resolution from them, they are meeting with the business unit.

Thanks,

Mario

Issue resolved.

Issue was the WAN IP subnet was the same subnet as the internal LAN IP subnet on the SPA8800.  I had to change the WAN IP to a different network and the calls were now working.  With the WAN having the same subnet as the internal LAN on the SPA8800 the RTP packets were being routed to the WAN interface and not the SPA8800.  Unfortunately you cannot change this address on the SPA8800 when connected to a UC320.  Support said that changing the Voice VLAN would trigger the SPA8800 to go plus one.  So for example if you set the Voice VLAN on the UC320 to 192.168.20.x, the internal LAN subnet would be changed to 192.168.21.x.

Hi Mario,

Glad it's resolved.  Thanks for your patience on that one.

Jeff