Views
Helpful
Replies

how to activate smartnet

inhlawtech
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am sorry if i am posting on the wrong forum.  We just bought smartnet for our cisco 5510. How should i activate this support and get the benefits.  Thanks

3 Replies 3

Luis Silva Benavides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gurpreet,

Thanks for submiting this question. The part of activating the SMARTNET is handle by your your Cisco Reseller or Account manager that sold you the contract, I think that if you have already bought the contract for your ASA it might active. The benefits will be Cisco TAC support 24/7, software upgrades, RMA within the service level you have purchase, if you also have add an IPS module to your ASA you can get signature upgrades.

I hope this helps.

Luis

Luis Silva

Hi, Luis

One question. If have purchased several devices and isntallation will take 6 motnhs for example, These 6 months have been used alrady? or Smartnet becomes ative since the moment of installation? what can i do to not loose thin contratc time ?

Amr Nasher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

u can ask the partner to don't activate the SmartNet until the installation is finished ... so the partner can ask the distributor to not to activate any SmartNet until you ask so.

We always do that as the delivery time & installation take long time, so after we finish the installation we active the SmartNet so the date starts from the activation date.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: