Views
Helpful
Replies

Avoid check for non-DFS channel

Emre Ozkan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How can i find Avoid check for non-DFS channel checkbox on WLC or WCS, when i remove the all non-DFS channel, i get a warning 'at least one non-dfs channel required in dca list' but i have another WLC which working without non-DFS channel.

Thank you.

11 Replies 11

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Emre,

Below lin point number or step number 12 will answer ur question!! search for "non-dfs" in the below link, the first hit will answer ur question..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70rrm.html#wp1002608

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Surendra,

Thank you for your reply, i know that document and information but i have another WLC is working without non-DFS channel in the EU countries. I am searching how can it works like that.

The Non DFS channels are not supported by the APs, if its checked or not it does not matter.. Its just that we need to enable one if its needed!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Yes, the non-DFS channels are not supported by the APs, i want that the WLC doesn' t check the non-DFS channel by using Avoid check for non-DFS channel chechbox or in CLI.

Hi,

On my WLC i am able to check this option on without any problem.. you can check Avoid Non DFS check box and if its asks for atleast one channel to be enabled, then enable the same and then the selcted channel will not be used at all. since that channel is not supported by the AP.

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

I can not find that Avoid Non DFS check box, I think it must be under the 802.11a > RRM > Dynamic Channel Assignment (DCA) page however it doesnt have. You can check screen shot that below.

I found that Information for CLI  : config advanced {802.11a | 802.11b} channel outdoor-ap-dca {enable | disable}—Enables or disables to the controller to avoid checks for non-DFS channels

Hmm.. Strange!! i can see that in my WLC!! mine is 7.0.98. wats ur?? what happens if u use CLI??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

When use CLI command, i can remove all non-DFS channel.

ok!! so now??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I think Avoid check for non-DFS channel check box on GUI disappear becuse of version 6.0.182.0.

Thank you for you concern.

Hmm.. even i think the same!!

lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: