cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Professional (CP) with Windows 7 64bits and Internet Explorer (IE) 9

cybertechmedia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have installed the last version of Cisco CP (v2.5) on a Windows 7 64 bits laptop with Internet Explorer 9 and when i execute the software (for the first time or not), i have an error like this : "Access to C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\CiscoCP\bin\_uiDefaultLoadComplete was denied."

The software don't work anymore and i get only a blank screen and this error. I've tried rebooting and i have all requirements for the software if i read the documentation (java for example).

Please help me with this problem... It's urgent!

Thank you very much.

Simon

23 Replies 23

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Simon,

It seems that you have some security issues and hence the permission is being deinied while launching the software.

Please check and try to add more permissions to the CP install directory. Try to add full control to "Users" or if not available add "Users" and give full permission to it.

For that goto the install root (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\) and do right click > properties > Security > add/modify Users to add Full Control.

Then try to lauch the software and see if it helps.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hello Vinod,

Thank you for your answer, i will try this today and give you the result.

Simon

Vinod,

I have do the changes suggested and i don't have anymore the error message , but the software don't want to execute anyway. It freeze to the internet explorer window. I have fixed the problem with these two other changes :

- Start the software explicitely as administrator (right click on icon);

- Autorize Flash plugin ActiveX in the Internet explorer 9 browser for the local address of Cisco CP.

If it can help any others. The Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 security settings seem to cause some locking by default.

Thanks!

Simon

The main reason behind the issue seems to be the installation on the machine using a Domain controller account and not a local administrator account.

Usually some of these softwares requires a rwx permissions with local admin account, or atleast you should install such app using a local account on machine having admin priveldges, if administrators account is n not an avaialble option.

the IE security and some other issues still may remain there, as that is in the OS side.

-Thanks

Vinod

Hello,

The version of Windows 7 is Home Premium and the computer is not member of a Windows domain (only workgroup). My account is a local administrator user on the computer and i've doing the installation of Cisco CP with this account. The UAC settings is by default and i need to run the software as administrator (as an administrator account don't really run in admin context by default on Windows 7) to make it work.

For IE, this is also a security problem and i need to manually autorize Cisco CP to execute Flash content in the browser.

Really strange probleme, do you have a complete procedure for installation requirements on Windows 7 with IE 9?

Thanks.

Simon

Hi simon,

You can see the Install and Upgrade Guides for detailed information.

Though in Cisco Configuration Professional Quick Start Guide it is clearly mentioned for Win7 as:

Note If you are installing Cisco CP on a PC that uses the Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition operating system or the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system, be sure to install while using Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition or Microsoft Windows 7 in administrator mode. You can do this by following the Microsoft Windows instructions to create an administrative account, and then logging on to the PC using that account name and password before installing Cisco CP. Failure to do this will require you to right-click on the Cisco CP icon or menu item, and choose Run as administrator each time you want to run Cisco CP.

Please check.

-Thanks

Vinod

starting with win 7 and up, install (all/most) with admin mode

even MS office has this issue, ie. without admin install, you cant even register the product (; even though the s/w will install

cheers

i will try this

tnx

Getting this same problem. Resolved this after running the application as an "Administrator" :)

chaitram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Simon,

If you have all the requirements met(Java and Flash player for IE), and if Run as admin does not solve the launch problem, pls try the following:

1. Close the CCP Application

2. Clear the Java Cache from:

Start -> Control Panel -> Java 32 -> General Tab -> Settings (Under Temporary Internet Files). Click Delete.

3. Clear the IE Cache from:

On a browserwindow, clear  the cache from Internet Options Menu -> General Tab ->Delete. (Delete the Temporary internet files, cache, cookies).

4. Launch CCP with Right click-> Run as Admin,

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks

Chaitra

CCP 2.5 no longer will run in win 7

Right after MS patch Tuesday this week, i can't run CCP2.5 anymore on my Win7 laptop, it worked before (;

when it starts, CCP complains that the flash player is not installed,.

I checked and the flash player is installed.

I have tried to uninstall flash 11 and reinstall 11, same issue.

I have tried to uninstall flash 11 and install flash 10; flash won't let me as it complains that their is a newer version. I can't find a complete flash 10 d/l , just ones that go to the web to d/l (;

i am running win 7 ultimate, ie 9 is on this machine.

i am trying to find ie 8 for win 7 to see if IE is the issue. but ie 8 can't be install on win7(; only ie 9

has anyone run into this latest CCP issue. please advise before i open a TC case

I wish that Cisco would stop using flash, i find it buggy

help on this issue would be useful

In here I installed this

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/10/flashplayer_10_ax_debug.exe

and CCP is Working...

P.S.: Remeber to execute CCP as administrator.

Hi Douglas,

Thank you very much...

After installing flashplayer_10_ax_debug, CCP is running on my machine.

Hi Douglas,

Am really greatful for the solution you suggested.I was so frrustrated but now am happy.My CCP is running very well after installing flashplayer_10_ax_debug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco