WLC 5508 WLAN SSID Problem

Answered Question
May 5th, 2011

Hi,

I recently got a 5508 controller. I use 1 SSID for the employees on the main site (using certificate authentication). On the Remote sites I want to use the same SSID with different DHCP Servers (AP are configuring with HREAP mode). So I tried to configure different WLAN ID using the same SSID (I override DHCP Server IP Address). When I try to activate SSID, I got the following error : "WLAN with duplicate SSID's and L2 security policy found". I tryed to use "AP Group" and put the different WLAN ID in different AP Group but it dosen't work.

Anyone as an idea?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Eric

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by surbg about 2 years 11 months ago

Hi,

Thats nice to hear!! thats for using CSC..

Regards

Surendra

Correct Answer by surbg about 2 years 11 months ago

Hi,

At the time we specify the WLAN to use local switching, the HREAP VLAN mapping will do the job.. that is.. the central site clients will grab the IP from the central DHCP server depending on the Dynamic interface mapped to the WLAN and on to the Remote sire the remore users will grab the IP from the remote DHCP pool which is configured based o nthe VLAN mapping for that WLAN on the HREAP AP..

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Average Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
surbg Thu, 05/05/2011 - 06:58

Hi,

This is the expected behaviour!! and there is no way to overcome issue as the error thats popping up is self explanatory!! if you are using Internal WEB AUTH page then the HREAP local switching supports the internal WEB AUTH, and another thing is.. a single WLAN will do the Job!! You just need to configure Local switching on the WLAN so that, the clients in the central site use ( AP in local mode will use central side DHCP) and the AP in the HREAP will use the mapped VLAN to grab the IP!!

here is the link to do the same!!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6087/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml#webauth

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807cc3b8.shtml

Lemme know if htis answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Sogeti_infra_france Thu, 05/05/2011 - 07:32

OK that's what I thought. I've already configured local switching on WLAN and HREAP on AP. Is there a way to define, depending on AP or HREAP group, which DHCP server it has to use?

Regards

Eric

Correct Answer
surbg Thu, 05/05/2011 - 08:52

Hi,

At the time we specify the WLAN to use local switching, the HREAP VLAN mapping will do the job.. that is.. the central site clients will grab the IP from the central DHCP server depending on the Dynamic interface mapped to the WLAN and on to the Remote sire the remore users will grab the IP from the remote DHCP pool which is configured based o nthe VLAN mapping for that WLAN on the HREAP AP..

Lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Correct Answer
surbg Thu, 05/19/2011 - 03:27

Hi,

Thats nice to hear!! thats for using CSC..

Regards

Surendra

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 5, 2011 at 6:42 AM
Stats:
Replies:5 Avg. Rating:5
Views:1519 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard