cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

slm2024 Firmware Update failing

pauli2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I just purchased and installed this switch.  It has firmware version 1.0.0.19 with boot version 1.0.0.1.  I want to update te firmware to 2.0.0.8.  Perhaps I am not doing something correct because when I try to update it I receive an error message that tells me the file is an illegal software format.  Here is what I did.  Under file format went to update firmware select http, update the chose the 2008.ros file.  Start the upgrade but it fails.  Am I doing this correctly? Help is appreciated.

Paul

6 Replies 6

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Paul,

I think you have the newer 200 series smart switches (p/n SLM2xxxx-K9-XX).

SLM2024-K9-NA  is a refreshed version of the older SLM2024.

Hardware is absolutely very different between the new refreshed version of the switch compared to the older model switch.

I think you have the latest and greatest switch model with  version 1.0.19.

1.0.19  software is currently the latest Generally Available  software available for this unit.

I think you are trying to install firmware for the older SLM2024 onto a newer SLM2024-K9-NA and your switch is giving you a 'sanity' check.

See the following screen capture.. it shows  software for the newest SLM2024-K9 switch, notice the currently available version;

Here is the screen capture below that shows firmware for the older SLM2024, notice that it support version 2 firmware.

Wait a month,  and I beleive new software will be availbe as a update for the refreshed version of the switch that you have.

regards Dave

Hello Dave,

this post is quite a long time ago but now I'm in the position too where to ask for a firmware matter.

I've got the older SLM2024 mentioned above (not the refreshed one) running firmware and bootware 1.01 and searching for the most recent firmware because having huge problems to display the web ui in today's browsers (have to use an old pc taken from the cellar...). There was spoken of v1.0.19. Can you please provide a link to this formware? Cisco as well as Linksys doesn't know anything about their older devices...

Thanks a lot!

I am in the same boat having the old firmware.  A work around is to run the web interface in compatibility mode in the newer browsers.

I also need firmware for the older SLM2024. Mine may not be repairable but would like to try loading the latest firmware in hopes of recovering the switch. If someone has firmware for this switch could you please share it?

Hi, +1 for the firmware link, I have a SLM2024 with firmware 1.0.1 and would like to update to 2.0.0.8.

Can I a have a download link?

Thank you.

Hello Sebastien,

The product became obsolete and no hardware or software support is available. The EoS statement https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-smart-switches/end_of_life_notice_c51-667179.html 

Regards,

Martin