cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W can support PAP2T or softphone (sip standard)

UC320W can support PAP2T or softphone (sip standard)

because exiting system use SPA9000 and Softphone on android system now i can't register

please help me

Thank you for best support.

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Siriphan,

I believe the answer to your question is NO, because if a PAP could be registered to the system so could a SPA-900 series phone or any other open standards softphone for that matter.

I have no doubt that someone has worked out how to do it, and it probably works well, but it would not be supported and I would hate to imaging how things would turn out if things began to fail.

Right now as we come across clients running a SPA-9000 series system we are working to convince them to buy new SPA-500 series phones, otherwise we just walk away from the deal, there is just not enough money in these systems to spend hours trying to get a non support phone working, and margins as it is are getting slimmer.

However I could be proven to be wrong by the Cisco team.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Siriphan,

The current release does not support a SIP softphone or the PAP2T.  It supports the SPA series 30X, 50X and 525 phones, SPA 8800 Gateway and Mediatrix BRI Gateway.  SIP softphone support is being discussed and planned for a future release.

Regards,

Jeff

spa 8000 can support on ucs320w

now i use spa 8800 with fxs for analog phone but sometime the outline still be hold after i disconnect please help.

Hi Siriphan,

The SPA8000 is not currently supported.  There is an existing feature request to add support for it though.

I suggest you make a call to the Small Business Support Center for the call processing problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: