cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent!!!UC320 FXO Can't Show Caller ID after Connected MP-118 FXS.

Dear all,

Urgent!!!

1>Do any body know that,the UC320 FXO Can't Show Caller ID after Connected MP-118 FXS,uc320's ip phone screen just show 'fx01 or fxo2 or fxo3",any body know how to solve on uc320.

But before the SPA9000 connected with MP-118,it SPA9000 can show caller ID,just after replace to UC320 then caller ID can't show,why???

uc320 firmware version: 2-0-6-10

2>Attached is uc320 fxo logging.

Please help.

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Hello,

Have you run the impedance matching tool on your FXO trunks?  You can find this on the FXO page of the Configuration Utility.  What locale are you using?  Are the FXO trunks on the UC320W or off of a SPA8800 gateway?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi, Chris

Thanks for your reply.

Have you run the impedance matching tool on your FXO trunks?  You can find this on the FXO page of the Configuration Utility

It seem the impedance matching is for audio quality issues on an FXO trunk. Please advise.

What locale are you using?

The system is locate in Hong Kong.

Are the FXO trunks on the UC320W or off of a SPA8800 gateway?

On UC3200W.

Thanks again.

Athena

Hi, Chris

Have you run the impedance matching tool on your FXO trunks? Yes.I tried fine-turn to some level,but seem can not solve.

Are the FXO trunks on the UC320W or off of a SPA8800 gateway? Right now,the UC320 connected MP-118.

Thanks

John

Hi,

Is there any chance of not using the MP-118?  Instead of going VoIP - Analog - VoIP, you just use a SIP trunk direct to UC320W?

We haven't tested using the MP-118 or done any interoperability work there.  I assume you have tried connecting an Analog phone with callerID to the MP-118 to see if caller ID is working on the MP-118?

Chris

Kin,

Can you reach out to me in private message and I will work directly with you on the caller-id issue(s).   There are a few caller-id issues that are confirmed resolved in upcoming UC320W release. 

Regards,

Randy

rbordner @ cisco.com

Dear Randy,

What version of UC320W release?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Some call ID issues where resolved & verified in version 2.0.8(3Since then the next MR2 release is 2.0.8(15). Can you try that firmware release for the caller-id issues and comment the status?

I can forward the Release notes and PMF file which I believe will pull the 2.0.8(15) automatically. I haven't tested the automatic download myself yet.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi Chris,

You Ask: I assume you have tried connecting an Analog phone with callerID to the MP-118 to see if caller ID is working on the MP-118?

I answer: Yes,I tried direct connecting analog phone to MP-118 FXS,the analog phone can working show caller ID.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Please provide an update if possible if you where able to load and try the MR2 release 2.0.8(15) with the call-id issues.

Regards,

Randy

Hello Randall,

We are experiencing the same issue with an Adtran appliance from TW Telecom. I will download the new firmware and let you know. Let me know if you need specific information or troubleshooting.

Thank you.

Update - I just went out to the Software Download page and the only firmware available is the current 2.06(10). When will the new version be released?

Hi Albert,

You can find the information about how to get the maintenance release here.

Also, there is some specific information about troubleshooting Caller ID problems here.

If you still have issues, you might need to open up a case with Small Business Support Center.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: