cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Smart Call Connector problems

ai.solutions
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently just using the CSCC under NFR licence, with no smartnet so I cant go to TAC for help. We are putting the software thru its paces and looking for issues before we deploy it to our customers.

Ive found a few really troubling things with the software:

• Advanced Client Software will show “Presence Server Is Down” occasionally on workstations (Windows 7). To resolve we restart the “ccSIPService” service on the local workstation and the problem goes away. However, some users experience this more than others. Out of 30 users, we roughly need to attend to one of these workstations per week. It isn’t really a resolution in the capabilities of most corporate customer users.
  • When a user is connected to a UC500 which is located in a remote office but connected to the Call Connector Server via VPN, the “VoiceView” function does not seem to work, users with voicemail on remote UC500’s receive “Unable to contact server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”.
  • When a user is connected to the Call Connector Server remotely via VPN, instant messaging functions do not work. When an Instant Messaging window is opened, the error “The other party does not appear to be using a version of Advanced Client. Some features will be disabled”. – Client machine has been checked and they are using the exact same version of Advanced Client.
  • The Administration documentation mentions instant message logging is available but does not explain where or how this is reviewed/audited. I have extensively searched the functions available on the server and it does not appear to exist. Is this possibly a future feature?

So nothing super critical, but certainly some things that a customer would be unhappy with if they paid for the solution to go with their new SBCS!

3 Replies 3

• Advanced Client Software will show “Presence Server Is Down” occasionally on workstations (Windows 7). To resolve we restart the “ccSIPService” service on the local workstation and the problem goes away. However, some users experience this more than others. Out of 30 users, we roughly need to attend to one of these workstations per week. It isn’t really a resolution in the capabilities of most corporate customer users.
Do any of the affected workstations use any other SIP software? I would also suggest enabling logging in the client and review the SCC logs to look for some more detail.
  • When a user is connected to a UC500 which is located in a remote office but connected to the Call Connector Server via VPN, the “VoiceView” function does not seem to work, users with voicemail on remote UC500’s receive “Unable to contact server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”.
Are the remote VPN users able to ping the CUE subnet (default IP of 10.1.10.1)?
  • When a user is connected to the Call Connector Server remotely via VPN, instant messaging functions do not work. When an Instant Messaging window is opened, the error “The other party does not appear to be using a version of Advanced Client. Some features will be disabled”. – Client machine has been checked and they are using the exact same version of Advanced Client.
  • The Administration documentation mentions instant message logging is available but does not explain where or how this is reviewed/audited. I have extensively searched the functions available on the server and it does not appear to exist. Is this possibly a future feature?
Not sure about the IM problems you are having. Perhaps someone from the UCC/SCC team can chime in here.
Cole

Interesting, I'm also experiencing almost the same problems, all users with Windows 7, I'm using NFR license. The difference is:

-I have 13 CallConnector Users all in the same LAN.

-Call Connector server is dedicated for this service and is connected on the local LAN.

-I'm using CUCME version 8.0 instead of UC500

Problems I have:

-Need to restart the "ccSIPService" frecuently.

-I can't chat with any other users, I receive the same message

“The other party does not appear to be using a version of Advanced Client. Some features will be disabled”. ( I have no other SIP process running on the clients or server.

If anybody knows about any resolution, will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Victor

Unfortunately I had to abandon my research and move onto something else. I never got it resolved and unfortunately until the product becomes more mature and stable, I wont be revisiting it in the near future.

We just cant afford to wait until we've promised it and sold it to a customer before we can get some answers. My fear is that the answer may be "Thats how it is until the next release".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: