cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort Web Filter: Blank Screen of Death

ranestamps
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we recently implemented an IronPort web filter into our environment and while the granularity of this product is great we have noticed something new has been happening.  On the end users machines, very speratically, they have been going to web pages and web pages will just be blank and be done loading.  No errors, just a blank web page.  It is not always the same computer or the same web page.  I am not possitive this is the IronPort web filter but if someone else has had this issue and resolved it, your help would be very much appriciated.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

bvj197222
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to the latest AsyncOS 8.5.6 we also started having this problems. We have two S170 Appliances, using WCCP. I removed one of the Appliances from the wccp-configuration, but still we are getting the problem. It's completely random, happens occasionally for some web pages. There where one site that I could Access thru the proxy, but my colleague, sitting on the same subnet, only got a blank page. I finally had to add him to the wccp-exception list to make it work. Crazy. Anyone any ideas?

Got a comment from Cisco on this, is a known issue in 8.5.1. I cleared the cache on the Appliances and disabled the cache, now it Works. Cisco will publish a fix 8.5.2 in a few days. This is the bug; https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus56296