cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recovery process from corrupt bootloader?

ambleside
Level 1
Level 1

UC320W responds on port 23 (but of course I don't know the password) but refuses connections on 80 and 443.  It does answer the phone.  Did complete reset twice (is it 10 seconds or 30 seconds? My system clicks as if it's reset after about 15 - maybe holding down reset during reboot caused corruption.

Previous posts about this seem to indicate there is a process but the tech I got @ SBCS didn't know it.

This seems like a straight bootloader corruption problem.  Since a number of folks have already posted about this, maybe someone could just document the process? 

Active ticket # is 617714385.

Aaron Rosenbaum

Ambleside Logic

5 Replies 5

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aaron,

The factory reset procedure is to hold the button in for 15 seconds.  Did this happen during a firmware upgrade or simply a result of the factory reset you attempted?  Was an upgrade in progress?

Here is the starting point procedure for Firmware Upgrade issues:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16469#Firmware_Upgrade_Issues

However, I might need to assist you if those suggestions don't work.  I will send you a private message regarding this.

Jeff

No upgrade was in process.

I found a work around that might work for others.

Box was accepting connections on 23 but refusing on 80 and 443. 

On a windows machine, I opened up the UPNP control panel for the UC320 and went to General-->Settings

I turned on, of all things, HTTP.  Then it worked.  443 was still off but with 80 working, I could upgrade firmware and finish install.

Aaron,

Thanks for sharing this information.  Once I understand why that resolved your problem, I'll update the UC320W Troubleshooting Guide.

Cheers,

Jeff

mcoghlan
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, we're having this problem too, but sadly the clever uPNP trick didn't work for us. Any other suggestions out there?

Mark,

Are you unable to login to the UC320W?  The corrupt bootloader issue has already been resolved and the firmware was phased into production.  Feel free to email me at rbordner@cisco.com and I'll work with you to update the UC320W to the 2.2.3(5) firmware build.

Regards,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: