Helpful
Replies

Cisco PCA

chandra_827
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Need help in Cisco PCA issue.

I have unity 4.2.1, one of my user is using a Win 7 PC, When we launch the CPCA some messages are having play option and others have the play option grayed off. When logged out and login back it works. This is intermitant. I would like to know if there is any compatibility issues are do i have to do some special browser settings on the Win 7 PC. I works fine on the win xp PC.

Help is highly appreciated....

2 Replies 2

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chandra,

Since you have confirmed that the "play" button of the media master control on Cisco PCA works on Windows XP machine, the problem is most likely on the client machine running Windows 7.

This behaviour is possible if the network configuration is interfering with COM and DCOM  operations. verify that DCOM communication is enabled on the subscriber  workstation. This is because the Media  Master control bar relies on DCOM communication to communicate with the  Cisco Unity server.

Apart from these, verify that there is no PIX Firewall between the  subscriber workstation and the Cisco Unity server. The Media Master  control bar does not work through a PIX Firewall. Disable virus scanning  services and VPN Client software on the subscriber workstation, as  applicable.

You can find more info on this on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/troubleshooting/guide/ex/5xcutsg180e.html#wp1049455

Please rate if you find this post useful.

-Saurabh

Hi,

I have checked with the users before i posted this if he is getting any errors. He said that he is not seeing any errors and the play button is imtermitant. Some time he is able to play a message and the same message some time the play buttone will be grayed off.

The user does not have admin access to the laptop. He is not even getting the prompt for the ActiveEx media master control install.

I am not sure how to check the DCOM service on his PC as he does not have Admin access. Is there something to do with the certificate authentication issues with the Cisco PCA with WIN 7 OS ?

I will check with my personal PC if i have any issues with the Cisco PCA, but again i have to connect that to VPN to connect to my office network, not sure if there is any firewall that blocks the DCOM ports.

May be you can check in LAB if possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: