cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A round of thanks

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

As anybody who noticed my arrival on the forums probably recalls, I've had a number of issues and problems with my now 8 month old UC560 system.  It occurred to me that its easy to complain to high heaven about something and then disappear when its fixed, so I wanted say a few things to the community here.  First, my satisifcation with the UC560 product I have went from rock bottom back in February to sky high as of right now.  Thanks to the wonderful information and people here and SBSC, the stability problem that was impacting my system was cured, and it has been up continuously for 2+ months.  I also have "upgraded" all of my SPA 508g phones fror 7900 series units, which I have to say, are in a different class of quality and work very well.  Now instead of doing damage control, I've been able to explore what the UC500 platform can do (all via CCA, of course ), and I have been very pleased.  It was a long road to get here, but I've learned quite a bit along the way.

A special thanks to all who take the time to post your knowledge here, it has solved many little problems and issues I've had along the way, and to the Cisco employees who post and lurk here to get things done behind the scenes.  Lastly, I hope I can "give back" and provide some useful answers/knowledge here in the future as well.  Thanks for reading and thanks for helping!

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From a Cisco perspective, you just made my day!

Its impressive how much partners help partners too.  Alot of talent we have among this community,

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey Bill,

Glad to hear that things are on track for you that is exciting news....

The trick is now to offer up to others what you have learnt, the feeling you get from helping others out and saving them the nightmare of what you went through is a natural high and you will get your kicks out of it... Well I know I do anyway.

As you will notice I am a big time evangelist of Cisco in the digital world and in the real world, but I am also one of their biggest critics, praise does not come without constructive criticism and I do that because I love their products and what to make sure it constantly improves and evolves.

The SPA phones are a big concern to me at the moment, there are days here where I wish I could just go back to the 7900 series, but alas the Sales people will not as it then blows them out of the competitive range of the previous phones systems they sold (LG-NORTEL or Alcatel), so I have a saying in the office now that has become widely adopted by the Engineers/Techs... "They sold the dream... We Inherited the nightmare" and I can say that this is true to its word with some deployments

I hope your system stays strong and you enjoy the MANY benefits that a Cisco system offers up, it sure is a small package that punches well and truly above its size

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

I'd really like to explore with you, the issues that you ran into with the SPA508G IP phones.

I work on the SPA phone product team and am always looking for ways to improve our products.

When convenient, please contact me by phone or at paborn@cisco.com

Thanks in advance for your input and your willingness to help us at Cisco improve.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Patrick Born | Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) – SPA SIP Endpoints

paborn@cisco.com  |  408-728-6471
                   One
reference document to locate SPA phone resources

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: