cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSM 6.3.1 Recovery Question

jbeechler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am doing a recovery of the vsm with the dvd, and at the beginning of the installation it is asking me for a "system profile location".

I included a screenshot, I am not sure where or what this is asking for?  Thanks for any assistance! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

harsandh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jeremy,

The Cisco Recovery DVD for Video Surveillance is meant to be used ONLY for the following Cisco hardware:

- CIVS-MSP-xxxx

- CPS-MSP-xxxx

It cannot be used for any other hardware type.

The error is indicating that a hidden file that has the information of the hardware characteristics is not found.

You can also receive this error if the ISO download was bad or the DVD drive is not up to specs.

If this is the above hardware, please try to re-download the ISO and ensure that you have good DVD Drive.

Harpreet Sandhu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

harsandh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jeremy,

The Cisco Recovery DVD for Video Surveillance is meant to be used ONLY for the following Cisco hardware:

- CIVS-MSP-xxxx

- CPS-MSP-xxxx

It cannot be used for any other hardware type.

The error is indicating that a hidden file that has the information of the hardware characteristics is not found.

You can also receive this error if the ISO download was bad or the DVD drive is not up to specs.

If this is the above hardware, please try to re-download the ISO and ensure that you have good DVD Drive.

Harpreet Sandhu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: