Replies

Dial Peers understanding

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

This is one way (incoming or outgoing) dial peer or two way (incoming and outgoing) dial peer.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Incoming only (has incoming called-number).

For outgoing, you need destination-pattern, and port or trunk or session-target.

Just think logically and it will become clear to you.

thnx for ur quick response. This is incoming from pstn to our gateway. Now it should forward calls to CUCM, at this stage it needs Voip dial peer (will it be incoming or outgoing dial-peer).

Lets say call forwarded to cucm....then it has to come back. Will it use same VOIP dial peer??? Thanks

Sorry to see that my post here has not been rated fairly, and I will refrain to intervene further.

i am new in this community i didnt know the rating.

When the call comes in to your gateway, you will need an incoming and an outgoing dial-peer for the call to get completed. The incoming pots dial-peer is already configured. The outgoing dialpeer will point to your CUCM server as shown below

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern

session target ipv4:

Now when an outbound call is made from the CUCM, you will again need two dialpeers on your H323 gateway. You can use dialpeer 2 as the incoming dialpeer just by adding 'incoming called number .' command. The outbound dialpeer will be a pots dialpeer with destination pattern, port and forward digits command.

Check the following doc to help you out with dialpeer configs

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please rate helpful posts

thnx for your reply.

First:

I saw my configuration and i coudnt see the 'incoming called number .' command on my voip dial peer.

Second:

I have h323 cisco gateway and cucm 7. Do i need to make route pattern on cucm 7.1 to route the call as i m having dial peers on h323 gateway?

First:

If you do not see the incoming called number . command under any voip dialpeer the you would have to add it or else it will use the default dialpeer as the inbound dialpeers which has preconfigured parameters and cant be modified.

Second:

Yes you will need route pattern on the CUCM to route calls to the H323 gateway. Then on the gateway you would need dialpeers to route the calls to the PSTN since the call control protocol is peer to peer.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: