Views
Helpful
Replies

GRE over MPLS Wan Links

bilalfayyaz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We are using L3 VPN Hub and spoke topology with CE-PE protocol = EBGP. We have 12 spokes sites now we want to run OSPF over MPLS links by using GRE tunnels without IP Sec.

If we use point to point GRE tunnels (in this case we have to make 12 tunnels interface on hub router and one tunnel interface at each spoke router) but we don't want to create 12 tunnels interfaces on hub router .

Do we have any other solution like Multipoint-GRE, will it work with this case , please advice.

regards,

Bilal

5 Replies 5

Luc De Ghein
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for your reply Luc,

your mentioned link is not working as i don't have partner level rights ,is there some other way you can share this document.

Looking for your support.

regards,

Bilal

Luc I just have found this document , but this is not my case, It is MPLS VPN over DMVPN but I am looking for GRE/DMVPN over MPLS as a customer.

Thanks,

Bilal

Hi Bilal,

So, you'd want to do mGRE on the CE routers, over MPLS VPN? You can just deploy DMVPN between the CE routers, there

should not be an issue with this. Only thing is to be mindful of the MTU, as always.

Thanks,

Luc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: