Views
Helpful
Replies

No MOH between FXS ports

Stefan Wahl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

have a little problem while holding an internal call between fxs ports.

Normally I have defined a MOH which can be heard on external calls, between IP-Phones and on IP-Phones when an analog device holds the call.

If an analog device holds another analog device or an IP-Phone (connected to an analog device) holds an analog device you can´t hear the MOH.

What can be the reason?

Thanks Stefan

12 Replies 12

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stefan,

I have never seen anyone do this before, this as got my interest peaked

Can you tell me what are the analogue end points, and how you are doing it I.E the procedure or the FAC that is being used.

I would like to work this up on my 560 and see if I get the same result.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

I´m using simple DECT cordless phones, which have an analog connected base station.

To hold a call I just press the "R" Button (Flash).

Important is that you have set max-calls-per-button 2 on the phone.

You can also transfer calls when you press "R" dial another extension and hang up.

Or you can make a conference call when you press "R" again, when connected to the second extension.

Perhaps you have to set flash-timing on the analog port and the end device ( port has to be higher than the device)

otherwise nothing happens or the first call will be disconnected.

Bye Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for this, will now go on the hunt for some cordless phones and see if I can reproduce this myself

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Stefan,

I ended up having to use just normal analogue phones, and was not able to reproduce the issue, I am not entirely sure what is happening at your end though... Is this system configured using CCA?

Also has this worked in the past?

Cheers,

David.

Hi David,

9 Months have passed and I had no further time to work on this problem.

Regarding your questions:

1. The system is initialy configured by CCA and afterwards troubleshooted via CLI, because I´m using it in Germany.

2. It has never worked.

Bye Stefan

Do you have configured a transcoding farm for the DSPs?

- Please rate helpful posts -

Hi Christian,

I didn´t find anything in the current configuration.

Can you tell me, which parameters have to be set?

It´s a UC540.

Thanks Stefan

Try this:

dspfarm profile 3 transcode universal

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729abr8

codec g729ar8

codec g729r8

codec g729br8

maximum sessions 2

associate application SCCP

!

telephony-service

sdspfarm units 5

sdspfarm transcode sessions 8

sdspfarm unregister force

sdspfarm tag 3 mtp123412341234

- Please rate helpful posts -

It´s not possible to set any codec or to set maximum sessions higher than 0.

But the UC540 has resources.

Here are the specifications:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/C78-557768-00_540_platform_reference_guide_DS_v2a.html

under table 9.

Do you have an idea why it´s behaving this way?

Hi Stefan,

This is actually quite normal

OK so a couple of things you need to do (Using CCA).

1. Load up CCA and press F2, this will bring up the diagnostic dialogue
  2. Proceed to turn of all conferencing capabilities if they are enabled
  3. change all FXS ports to "Common" and not "User"
  4. Verify in the diagnostic dialogue that it carried out all the right functions - this is pretty easy to read
  5. Save the configuration and then Reboot the UC-500

Once the reboot has finalised, proceed to do the following:

1. Load up CCA and press F2 again
  2. Proceed to conferencing section and turn on conferencing choosing the lowest options available (Multi-Party is ok to choose just use the lowest settings to begin with)
  3. Leave FXS ports as "Common" do not change this yet
  4. Save configuration and reboot the unit once again (Yes I know annoying)

OK once this second reboot is finalized, you can load up CCA again and then change the FXS configuration if you want it to go into "User" mode, this will take up licenses and also will use DSP resources (STCAPP).

As bad as it sounds, sometimes the unit may require multiple reboots to get the configuration set properly and working, whilst it is not always the case and in theory you should never have to do it, the above procedure is what has worked for me many times in the past.

Cheers,

David.

Hi David, hi Christian

thank you for your help, the DSP Ressources are up now:

UC_540#sh dsp all

Dspfarm Profile Configuration

Profile ID = 3, Service = TRANSCODING, Resource ID = 1

Profile Description :

Profile Service Mode : Non Secure

Profile Admin State : UP

Profile Operation State : ACTIVE IN PROGRESS

Application : SCCP   Status : ASSOCIATION IN PROGRESS

Resource Provider : FLEX_DSPRM   Status : UP

Number of Resource Configured : 2

Number of Resource Available : 2

Codec Configuration

Codec : g711ulaw, Maximum Packetization Period : 30

Codec : g711alaw, Maximum Packetization Period : 30

Codec : g729ar8, Maximum Packetization Period : 60

Codec : g729abr8, Maximum Packetization Period : 60

Codec : g729r8, Maximum Packetization Period : 60

Codec : g729br8, Maximum Packetization Period : 60

Dspfarm Profile Configuration

Profile ID = 1, Service = CONFERENCING, Resource ID = 2

Profile Description : DO NOT MODIFY, active CCA conference profile - CCA2.0 codec711

Profile Service Mode : Non Secure

Profile Admin State : UP

Profile Operation State : ACTIVE

Application : SCCP   Status : ASSOCIATED

Resource Provider : FLEX_DSPRM   Status : UP

Number of Resource Configured : 2

Number of Resource Available : 2

Codec Configuration

Codec : g711ulaw, Maximum Packetization Period : 30 , Transcoder: Not Required

Codec : g711alaw, Maximum Packetization Period : 30 , Transcoder: Not Required

SLOT DSP VERSION  STATUS CHNL USE   TYPE    RSC_ID BRIDGE_ID PKTS_TXED PKTS_RXED

0    1   26.8.3   UP     N/A  FREE  xcode  1      -         -         -

0    2   26.8.3   UP     N/A  FREE  xcode  1      -         -         -

0    4   26.8.3   UP     N/A  FREE  conf   2      -         -         -

0    4   26.8.3   UP     N/A  FREE  conf   2      -         -         -

Total number of DSPFARM DSP channel(s) 4

---------

But it´s still notworking. At the moment I have only one analog phone and an IP-Phone connected.

When I press the flash button on the analog phone the MOH can be heard on the IP-Phone.

When I press Hold on the IP-Phone, I only hear a short double beep on the analog phone.

What else do I have to do?

Bye Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Hmmmm I am wondering if this is a Multicast issue and related to the analogue ports.... I don't know to be honest and have not see this before so I am not a little miffed as to what could be causing it.

If you have a support contract on the device, it would be at this point that I would encourage you to open a case and get support involved, just to be sure that this is not a bug or something more sinister going on.

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: