Helpful
Replies

UC320 Defaults per Layout

Nicholas Balog
Level 1
Level 1

I have a weird issue and I think I have done everything right here, bu

t need an opinion.

I had used the setup on the UC320 to do voice and data with an external dhcp server (third wizard) and presumed that the default VLAN settings pushed out to the phones would reflect VLAN 100 and 1 untagged. I had hooked up a PC to my phones PC enet and boom.....I think I had a loop introduced because the whole network went dead.

In checking the phones it looks like they are on VID1, but are getting their 10.x addresses. Would have expected to see them on vlan 100 since thats the default vlan the UC320 is saying its using. Has anyone else run into this type of behavoir? I tried changing it on the phones themselves, but apparently I cant do that there.

I have my switch properly tagged according to the doc, but whenever it tanks I have to remove the wan port of the uc320 and let everything settle before plugging it in again. Apparently I had a wifi connection come up and tank the system again.

Any ideas? Am I missing something basic here? When the UC320 is disengaged completely all other elements behave soundly so I think I can eliminate them for the most part unless the UC320 Wan port is running a conflicting service in this config.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nicholas,

If you haven't already done this, please reference the following UC320W documentation on the community:

1. Adding a UC300 solution to an existing Small Business Network
  2. Deploying Cisco UC320W with Microsoft Windows Small Business Server - You might not have a Small Business Server but this deals with setting up an external DHCP server.

Also, Make sure your UC320W WAN and LAN are on different Network segments and that your switch is properly configured and running latest software.

If you are still having issues, please open a case with the Small Business Support Center.

Jeff

View solution in original post

Hi Nicholas,

There is a previous thread to reference that has a good pic for the Voice Only topology.  It is another "Greyfield" deployment scenario where there is an external DHCP server for the Data VLAN.  It's slightly different than the topology you picked but it will get you thinking about some of the existing network design considerations.

If you have a quick deployment ... the "Voice and Data" topology is the simplest way to go.  However, I know that isn't always possible so the "Greyfield" existing network deployments are provided but require a bit more network planning.

Here is the above referenced thread's link.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nicholas,

If you haven't already done this, please reference the following UC320W documentation on the community:

1. Adding a UC300 solution to an existing Small Business Network
  2. Deploying Cisco UC320W with Microsoft Windows Small Business Server - You might not have a Small Business Server but this deals with setting up an external DHCP server.

Also, Make sure your UC320W WAN and LAN are on different Network segments and that your switch is properly configured and running latest software.

If you are still having issues, please open a case with the Small Business Support Center.

Jeff

Can you email me the Adding a UC3

00 Solution to an Existing network doc ?

I'm not a partner yet and dont have access to all of the secret sauce and my need is kinda urgent ;-)

balognp@verizon.net

Hi Nicholas,

There is a previous thread to reference that has a good pic for the Voice Only topology.  It is another "Greyfield" deployment scenario where there is an external DHCP server for the Data VLAN.  It's slightly different than the topology you picked but it will get you thinking about some of the existing network design considerations.

If you have a quick deployment ... the "Voice and Data" topology is the simplest way to go.  However, I know that isn't always possible so the "Greyfield" existing network deployments are provided but require a bit more network planning.

Here is the above referenced thread's link.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Thanks for the info. It looks like my root issue was having the LAN and the WAN ports on the same layer 2 segment. I had pretty much mistakenly missed the remote config option and after fixing that my issue seems to have cleared up. Unfortunately I am stuck rockin a rather old netgear router as my primary Inernet facing router and it does not support vlans :-(

After that I had just configured two port based vlans on my switch and apparently my stability is restored......well system stability anyway ;-)

Hi Nicholas,

Glad you got it resolved!

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: