Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E.164 conversion

Hi There,

I am trying to convert my existing IP Telephony dial plan to E164 format so that , I can integrate a CUPS 8.X and MOC for RCC. If any one can help me to understand what are the area I should be looking to convert the dial plan without much hassles.Also I have a unity connections for VM. As per my understanding Lines can be changed as the phones are having all valid DID. I can run  BAT to convert to \+1 XXX XXX XXXX pattern.

My concern is how the internal dial plan will affect ? How to change the Unity dial plan to accomodate the new E.164 format ?

Currently I have a dial plan described below:

Incoming call :

MGCP GW(5digit from ISP) -> Coverted to 10digit using transformation mask -> Phone lines are of 10digits. :: How to convert the lines to E164 global dial plan.

Please help me to understand , the areas I should be looking before the change.

Regards,

Zombie..

1 Reply 1

Nizar Abuseni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Are you asking to change the IP Phone lines DN to E164? So how you will call from IP Phone to IP Phone?

If the above is not correct then you can add the E164 in "External Number Mask" inside the DN configuration for each phone.

In Unity you can have secondary Line for each user, but i dont think you will need it as when calling internally you dont need the E164 format.

Please let me know if i got your point correctly.

Best regards,

Nizar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: