Multiple Active Directories with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5

Answered Question
Jun 1st, 2011

Hi.

How many different Microsoft Active Directories can Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5 integrate with (using LDAP)?

Our customer has 5 isolated (no forest) Active Directory servers, and we want CUCM 8.5 to be able to 'import' user information from all 5 AD servers.

Thanks in advance,

Rui Antunes

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jaime Valencia about 2 years 10 months ago

I think you're confusing things, one thing is how many AD servers you can have for redundancy (3) and another how many sync agreements (5) you can configure

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Correct Answer by amer_alshaer about 2 years 10 months ago

You can have up to 5 not only 3

Amer

Correct Answer by Jaime Valencia about 2 years 10 months ago

Have you reviewed this doc?:

How to Configure Unified Communication Manager  Directory Integration in a Multi-Forest Environment

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080b2b103.shtml

HTH

java

Average Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Rui Carlos Antunes Wed, 06/01/2011 - 10:16

I found the answer I need on Cisco Unified Communications System 8.x SRND (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/directry.html):

Synchronization agreements have the ability to specify multiple directory servers to provide redundancy. You can specify an ordered list of up to three directory servers in the configuration that will be used when attempting to synchronize. The servers are tried in order until the list is exhausted. If none of the directory servers responds, then the synchronization fails, but it will be attempted again according to the configured synchronization schedule.

Thanks for the reply.

Correct Answer
Jaime Valencia Wed, 06/01/2011 - 11:06

I think you're confusing things, one thing is how many AD servers you can have for redundancy (3) and another how many sync agreements (5) you can configure

HTH

java

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 1, 2011 at 9:44 AM
Stats:
Replies:4 Avg. Rating:5
Views:1651 Votes:0
Shares:0