Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G trouble

pstanchev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have a problem with my SPA 525G phone. I tried to updgrade the firmware and the phone stack after restarting. The bootting process stops at the CISCO logo and there is no way to continue. I have discussed the problem with the support team but it seams there is no cure from CISCO side.

Is there some one knows how and where the firmware can be reloaded with the correct version of firmware? We are located in Mississauga, ON.

Please contact me at pstanchev@chemipharmaceutical.com

Regards,

Pauls Stanchev

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please contact the support center.  Phone number at the following link.

Sounds like this could be an RMA issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

You can try the following steps to see if you can recover the phone.

1. Cold reboot the phone

2. When the animation appears

3. Press speaker key 3 times

4. User will be show a list of menu, from there

a. User could reset the configuration

b. Upgrade the firmware

Thank you for the response.

I have tried the steps but didn't get anywhere with pressing the button. I have the CISCO logo on the screen but it does not accept any key pressings.

Do you have any other options?

Please contact the support center.  Phone number at the following link.

Sounds like this could be an RMA issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

The problem is that this thing happened 2 weeks after the warranty end. The custommer suport suggests to buy new phone. The owner whants to replace the whole phone system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: