cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will a reset on a 1242 to factory defaults...

scotteager
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1242 that was configured for LWAPP and I reset to factory defaults. I'm curious if it returned to autonomous mode?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It should not have.  When you migrate from IOS to CUWN, the process removes all of the old IOS that was there, erases the flash basically.

So, a factory reset should only clear out any configuration, but would leave you running a CUWN image on the AP.

Cheers,
Steve

--

If  this helps you and/or answers  your question please mark the question as "answered" and/or rate it, so  other users can easily find it.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It should not have.  When you migrate from IOS to CUWN, the process removes all of the old IOS that was there, erases the flash basically.

So, a factory reset should only clear out any configuration, but would leave you running a CUWN image on the AP.

Cheers,
Steve

--

If  this helps you and/or answers  your question please mark the question as "answered" and/or rate it, so  other users can easily find it.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card