cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

web authentication - login successful! Can I remove?

lukeprimm
Level 1
Level 1

Can I "turn off" the small pop out box that opens when a user authenticates to our guest wireless network?  Its the small pop out box that says "web authentication - Login successful! and has a "logout" button at the bottom. 

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

if we are using the Customized Web auth page, then if you go to the WLAN Edit page that is..

WLAN >> WLAN EDIT >> Security >> Layer 3 >> Check Override global config >> HERE WE SEE LOGOUT PAGE.

If we select None in the drop down, then there wont be any Logout screen.

Lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the useful posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks, that appeared that it would do the trick. I made the changes to "none" but unfortunately the box still opens upon login.  Any other ideas?  Thanks

AFAIK.. apart from this there is no way!! If its the Customized page, then we should not use the LOGOUT.html at all.. this will help you!!

lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

my understanding is that if I choose "external" and point to my guest manager server, then I shouldnt get anything from the controller? The handoff happens and I authenticate via the external web server.  After I authenticate, I cant figure out why it then decides to throw up the "login successful" window from the controller???  Ughh.

Luke you will still see the popup because your external web server is not doing the authentication, the controller is. So the controller before doing the redirect is loading that popup window. External web servers are simpy a way to have the form on something other than the WLC but the form still passes the data to the WLC for authentication.

Rob Simkins
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the same issue as lukeprimm. Using customised local webauth bundle in v7.0.116.0

The logout.html page doesn't exist, yet before the redirect you get a confirmation of successful login.  This includes the mgmt IP of the WLC as logout URL... Which we don't want.

Any bug IDs on this or removal in later versions?

Rob,

Well from this post, you can disable that in 7.2.. well at least the logout page not the succefull login.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3631094#3631094

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: