WLC Problem!

Answered Question
Jun 9th, 2011

Hello, Cisco Support Comunnity

I have a problem that hopefully you've got and you can help me

We have a WLC 4402 in our network, we have 12 AP's and we have three SSID's that are assigning IP addresses from three different DHCP pools configured in the core router, the situation is that we want one of the SSID's not to assign the IP addresses from the core router, in order to do this we configured a new VLAN and DHCP pool in a layer 3 switch in other segment, when i assign the SSID to the new VLAN with the IP address it can't conmunicate with the VLAN, i mean the SSID that is assign to the new VLAN can't talk with the WLC.

Regards

eeariass@gmail.com

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by hkumarsh about 2 years 10 months ago

Hi Elvin,

are you able to ping L3 switch from wlc ? and also plz check whether that particular vlan is allowed on the trunk port of the WLC or not.

Thanks

Average Rating: 0 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
hkumarsh Thu, 06/09/2011 - 20:39

Hi Elvin,

are you able to ping L3 switch from wlc ? and also plz check whether that particular vlan is allowed on the trunk port of the WLC or not.

Thanks

cerveros1503 Fri, 06/10/2011 - 05:44

Hi hkumarsh,

Once i posted the question i found the solution myself

I checked the VLANs and the L3 switches and the results were that the trunks dint allow the VLANs (just as you answered) i wanted, and other minor problems. The WLC dint have any problems at all.   (the thing is this network is just implemented and the documentation is not available yet so i dont have a clear vision of the network).

Thanks

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:
Views:477 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard