Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace a switch in 3750 switch stack.

xuanhuymai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can some one give me detail guide line how to replace a switch in a 3750 stack ? The replacement switch will be same model and IOS version with the fail switch. Also the fail switch is not a master. And I would like the replacement swith to take the stack member number and host interface configuration of the fail switch.

Thank in advantage.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Follow this link to add a new switch to your stack:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1177470

This example shows how to provision a Catalyst 3750G-12S switch with a stack member number of 2 for the switch stack. The show running-config command output shows the interfaces associated with the provisioned switch:

Switch(config)# switch 2 provision WS-C3750G-12S

HTH

ranraju
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The configurations of the ports for the faulty switch would still be present on the master switch so you need not worry about the host interface configurations.

But all you have to keep in mind is, to power off the new switch and connect this switch into the stack in the place of the old faulty switch  and then power it on.

However you have to make sure that the new switch is running the same version of code as others in the stack.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

ranraju

(TAC)

Hi Ranraju,

For instance, switch 2 needs to be replaced. On the new switch before connect it to the stack, do i need to do:

switch 1 renumber 2

copy run start

Power it off, then connect stackwise cable.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card