Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

What doese the meaning of

pgw-a mml> prov-cpy::

MGC-01 - Media Gateway Controller 2011-06-12 16:37:42.472 ICT

M  DENY

SROF

"PROV-CPY: error in post provisioning processing.

Local ports for C7 Session Set excessed the limit of 6"

/* Status, Requested Operation Failed on the component */

Here is my C7 information which i have provsioned.

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-latelz-gw7",DESC="c7 iplink latelz to gw7",LNKSET="latelz-linkset",SLC=0,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=1,SESSIONSET="latelz-set-gw7"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-vtg1-gw1",DESC="vtg1 c7 ip link gw1",LNKSET="vtg1-linkset",SLC=0,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=2,SESSIONSET="vtg1-set-gw1"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-mfone-gw7",DESC="c7 iplink mfone to gw7",LNKSET="mfone-linkset",SLC=0,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=0,SESSIONSET="mfone-set-gw7"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-tc-gw1",DESC="tc c7 ip link gw1",LNKSET="tc-linkset",SLC=0,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=1,SESSIONSET="tc-set-gw1"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="ctel-c7iplink-gw5",DESC="camintel c7 ip link gw5",LNKSET="camintel-linkset",SLC=0,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=0,SESSIONSET="camintel-set-gw5"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-gw3",DESC="mob c7 ip link gw3",LNKSET="mob-msc5-linkset",SLC=0,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=0,SESSIONSET="mob-msc5-set-gw3"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-tm-gw4",DESC="tm c7 ip link gw4",LNKSET="tm-linkset",SLC=0,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=0,SESSIONSET="tm-set-gw4"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-mobmsc5-gw4",DESC="mob c7 ip link gw4",LNKSET="mob-msc5-linkset",SLC=1,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=1,SESSIONSET="mob-msc5-set-gw4"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-mobmsc4-gw6",DESC="mob-msc4 c7iplink gw6",LNKSET="mob-msc4-linkset",SLC=0,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=0,SESSIONSET="mob-msc4-set-gw6"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-tc-gw2",DESC="tc c7 ip link gw2",LNKSET="tc-linkset",SLC=1,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=2,SESSIONSET="tc-set-gw2"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-vtg1-gw7",DESC="vtg1 c7 ip link gw7",LNKSET="vtg1-linkset",SLC=1,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=2,SESSIONSET="vtg1-set-gw7"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-vtg2-gw2",DESC="vtg2 c7 ip link gw2",LNKSET="vtg2-linkset",SLC=0,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=3,SESSIONSET="vtg2-set-gw2"

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="c7iplink-vtg2-gw8",DESC="vtg2 c7 ip link gw8",LNKSET="vtg2-linkset",SLC=1,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=1,SESSIONSET="vtg2-set-gw8"

Best Regards,

Danet

10 Replies 10

Zhiping Cai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danet,

There is one limination that PGW can have up to 6 SS7 IOCC instance. Refer to

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/pgw/9/provisioning/guide/R9MMLChg.html#wp1372970.

Each SS7 IOCC instance is created by one local port of C7 Session Set.

So in this case, the error indicates there are more than 6 local ports configured.

It can be eliminated by changing some local port of c7 session set and making sure no more than 6 local ports provisioned.

Hoep this helps a bit.

Regards,

Robin

Dear ZhipingCai,

I have minimized sessionset port on my PGW and totally used with only 5 port. And i have added another OPC for secondary and

prov-add:SESSIONSET with another different session port but i  still get error "Local ports for C7 Session Set excessed the limit of 6" when i do

prov-cpy::

Below are the error log and sessionset setting in my PGW. Please advice how can i solve this problem?

MGC-01 - Media Gateway Controller 2012-07-10 00:25:40.717 ICT

M  DENY

SROF

;

Best Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Better use same port for one OPC as long as the links are no more than 32. For example, for opc1, all session sets use port 7000; opc2, use port 7001.

Please modify your configuration accordingly and see how it goes.

Best regards,

Robin

Dear Robin,

Thanks for your advice. As i understand from the error that maximum local session port only 6 per PGW , each local session port can support to 32 links.

Each PGW can support to 6 IOCC and each time used 1 sessionset port mean 1 IOCC is created. Are these correct?

As my existing configuration has been used 5 port of sessionset port, So it should be 1 more port is available. Is there another trick to make my secondary OPC work as i experience using same 1 session port and when 1 link down it caused other Link also down. Please advice?

Best Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Each PGW can support to 6 IOCC and each time used 1 sessionset port mean 1 IOCC is created. Are these correct?

As per my understanding, the answer is no.

I know this is a bit confusing, however the following should help you.

There are couples of limitation of PGW SS7 components, please refer to

Table 5-11     Maximum Scaling Limits for the SS7 Components

in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/pgw/9/provisioning/guide/R9MMLChg.html#wp1372970

Scaling Limits:

SS7 IOCC Instances    6

Linksets per SS7 IOCC 16

Links per SS7 IOCC    32

Also some provisioning rules:

In addition to the above limits the following rules apply when provisioning the SS7 components.

1.    Two IOCCs can NOT share the same PORT.

2.    Each IOCC is assigned one PORT for C7IPLNK or SS7 SESSIONSETSs, so there is a one-to-one relationship between PORT and IOCC instance.

3.    Only one True OPC can be configured per IOCC, but multiple IOCCs can be provisioned with the same True OPC.

4.    An SLT can only communicate with one port on IOCC, and therefore only one True OPC.

5.    If 2 or more IOCCs support the same OPC, then each of these IOCCs must not share a common APC

6.    Links within the same linkset must have same port.

7.    A linkset cannot span multiple IOCCs.

Adding a Session Set:

You must specify one or two (if the IPADDR2 and PEERADDR2 parameters are specified) backhaul IP links. Keep the following rules in mind when provisioning a session set.

•SESSIONSETs that share a peer address (that is, PEERADDR, PEERADDR1, or PEERADDR2) must be assigned directly or indirectly to the same external node.

•The PORT attribute cannot be set to the same value as the PORT attribute of another SESSIONSET with a different TYPE value.

•If IPADDR2 or PEERADDR2 is specified then they must both be specified. You cannot have one local address and two remote addresses, or two local addresses and one remote address.

•Another SESSIONSET with a different EXTNODE or SGNODE cannot use the resolved value of PEERADDR1 or PEERADDR2.

•When an IP Route is specified in a link object for SESSIONSET, the IPADDR must match the IPADDR of the link. And when an IP Route is specified in a link object for SESSIONSET, the IP address resolved from the PEERADDR attribute must be the same as the DESTINATION and NETMASK attributes to verify the IPROUTE is valid.

As you said you want to make secondary OPC work, I guess you already have one primary OPC with which there are more than 1 port configured, then it gives you the error when you want to add extra 5 ports here. Best way is to configure same port for each OPC.

Cheers,

Robin

abrajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hey!,

They may have session set confused with links.  Session set is only for device.  that means that they have 6 SLT's already configured.  that is 6 SS7 links, do they really need more than 6 Links?

Unless most of their interconnects are F links, 6 links can cover all the CPS capacity that PGW offers.

If the sessionsets use the same local port number, they will be one the same SS7 IOCC instance.  This will work as long as they SS7 links are in the same protocol family.  Using a different local port causes a new SS7 IOCC instance to be used.

Cheers,

-Aby

Dear Rajan,

I have minimized sessionset port on my PGW and totally used with only 5 port. And i have added another OPC for secondary and

prov-add:SESSIONSET with another different session port but i still get error "Local ports for C7 Session Set excessed the limit of 6" when i do

prov-cpy::

Below are the error log and sessionset setting in my PGW. Please advice how can i solve this problem?

MGC-01 - Media Gateway Controller 2012-07-10 00:25:40.717 ICT

M  DENY

SROF

;

Best Regards,

Dan

Dear Robin,

Now i can add my secodary OPC with another session set port but after done configuration i found SS7 was not Up.

Here is my alarm in PGW:

"abc-linkset-xyz: 2012-07-12 00:07:23.236 ICT,ALM=\"FAIL\",SEV=MJ"

"abc-ss7-xyz: 2012-07-12 00:07:23.362 ICT,ALM=\"SS7 SIG SRVC UNAVAIL\",SEV=MJ"

here is my configuraiton of both OPC in my PGW:

prov-add:OPC:NAME="pgw-opc",DESC="PGW OPC1",NETADDR="1.2.3",NETIND=2,TYPE="TRUEOPC"

prov-add:OPC:NAME="pgw-opc-abc",DESC="PGW OPC2",NETADDR="4.5.6",NETIND=2,TYPE="TRUEOPC"

Can you help me please?

More over i have seen another provision multiple OPC via link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/pgw/9/provisioning/guide/R9MMLChg.html#wp1056629

And the differrent configuration was type="trueopc" and  type="capopc". What exact of both below Types mean?

Can you advice above of my configuration?

prov-add:opc:name="opc1",netaddr="1.2.1",netind=2,desc="OPC1",type="trueopc"

prov-add:opc:name="opc1a",netaddr="1.2.2",netind=2,desc="OPC1",type="capopc",trueopc="opc1"

Best Regards,

Daneth

Hi Dan,

Here is the difference of TRUEOPC and CAPOPC.

*TRUEOPC defines this OPC as a primary (true) OPC within this Cisco PGW 2200 Softswitch.

*CAPOPC defines this OPC as a point code which is associated with primary (true) OPCs.

As  the linkset and ss7 path are down, there are couples of things need to  check, I don't think it can be resolved quickly in this discussion,  better to open a service reqeust and get a dedicated TAC engineer work  with you.

Regards,

Robin

Dear Robin,

Referrece to

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/pgw/9.8/Provisioning/Guide/R9PlnPrv.html and found that maximum of True OPC=6.

But as provision multiple OPC via this link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/pgw/9/provisioning/guide/R9MMLChg.html

found that the step2 the have set up type="capopc",  trueopc="opc1". Could you give more explanation about the relation between TRUEOPC and  CAPOPC.

Best Regards,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: