Vlan traffic is not passing through Wireless Bridge

Unanswered Question
Jun 17th, 2011

Hi,

Recently we have placed wireless bridge in our network (Cisco AIR-BR1410A-E-K9 model). Now after installing the bridge we are facing the issue like only the management interface traffic is reachable through bridge, but not able to reach other vlan traffic.

like management range is in vlan 1 (which inlcudes AP' Switch and router) and the bridge IP's are also in Vlan 1.

Switch port is kept in trunk mode both ends of bridge. still other vlan traffic is not reachable, do we have to place any special configuration for this ?

all the business users are in Vlan 3

all the sale team users are in vlan 123.

now problem is other end switches are reachable for me through bridge that is in vlan 1, but vlan 3 and vlan 123 are not reachable for me.users are not getting IP's, when we assigned the static ip address and tested still it is not working.

i am attaching my wireless bridge configuration in the discussion, please help on this issue.

Root Bridge ---- Non--Rootbridge--- Cisco Switch--Cisco Switch..

now i am able to those two switch also, but not able to reach the vlan 3 users who are connected to that switches.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jamiedoherty Fri, 06/17/2011 - 16:55

You need the infrastructure-ssid command on the ssid:

dot11 ssid Dat4W3P

vlan 1

authentication open

infrastructure-ssid

chaitu_kranthi Sat, 06/18/2011 - 03:01

Hi Friend,

Thanks for your reply, as suggested i have placed infrastructure-ssid on dot11 ssid Dat4W3P, but still users are not able to get the IP's from Vlan 3.

jamiedoherty Sat, 06/18/2011 - 05:17

Did you put the infrastructure-ssid on both sides of the bridge?

On every Cisco switch that is in play, can you attach a show run, show vlan, show cdp neighbor?

chaitu_kranthi Sat, 06/18/2011 - 09:12

Hi,

infrastructure-ssid has been placed at both end still not able to get IP's to the devices.

I am not able to attach txt files in the reply, could you please let me know your email ID so that i will send the config files to your ID.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 17, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Stats:
Replies:4 Avg. Rating:
Views:1144 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: troubleshoot
+

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard