cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1142 going offline...

hgrossman
Level 1
Level 1

Everything had been running fine for a month or so...  Just recently, I began receiving critical messages from the WLC saying that the AP went down...  In the logs, I find the following for everytime I received such an e-mail:

*spamReceiveTask: Jun  17 12:40:53.730: %LOG-3-Q_IND: capwap_ac_sm.c:5793 Invalid AP event (7) and  state (4) combination

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*apfReceiveTask: Jun  17 10:58:16.407: %RRM-3-RRM_LOGMSG: rrmChanUtils.c:290 RRM LOG: Airewave  Director: Could not find valid channel lists for 802.11bg
*spamReceiveTask:  Jun 17 10:57:53.277: %LOG-3-Q_IND: capwap_ac_sm.c:5793 Invalid AP event (7) and  state (4) combination
*spamReceiveTask: Jun 17 10:57:53.277:  %CAPWAP-3-INVALID_STATE_EVENT: capwap_ac_sm.c:5793 Invalid AP event (7) and  state (4) combination

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The AP is coming into a 3750 switch which, when it went down, the port was flashing orange...  The AP did reset itself and come back up...  Is this a hardware issue, cabling issue or configuration???  It is now up and running again with no issues (for now)...

1 Reply 1

Mats Nilson
Level 1
Level 1

It is probably due to a bad patch cable.

Since no other ap's (seemingly) is affected it is likely to originate from lack of Ethernet connectivity. Lack of proper PoE or GigE degrade during operation.

Swap the patch and if there is still a problem connect the AP directly to a switch to eliminate cabling issues.

Regards

Mats

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card