cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN/network design assistance question

bsimpson60
Level 1
Level 1

Where is the proper place to get some assistance on choosing some hardware for an existing network that is expanding to a second location and wants to VPN back in? I've looked at the RVS4000 and think it might be a good fit, but I have been all over different Cisco sites and on the phone more than once but haven't found the help I need yet. I am new to the Partner program and confused about where to get help.

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

My own experience with Cisco is that they are not helping a lot with design work. (We are a Premier Partner) Apparently they expect their parners to posess sufficient skills for making designs.

Advice you get here is for free.

The RVS4000 is a rather new addition to the cisco portfolio, I have no experience with it.

(Although this doesn't say a lot about the product)

Besides, it is a Small Business product which I interpret as: Cheap is more important than stability.

Perhaps the ASA55xx series is a vialble alternative if you want a more mature product.

regards,

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: