cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VSM 6.3.2 Released

etijburg
Level 4
Level 4

Well it looks like 6.3.2 has been released.  I am downloading as I type this from the cisco.com support site.  Not on the ET site yet.  I will update this post once I have it installed.

Noticed there are no upgrade guides in any of the zip files and not one posted on the support site either.  I guess this will come with time.

What will really be nice is when the Software Assistant is updated for 6.3.2.

It is also nice to see that they have finally posted the CIVS-ENC file for the builtin wanka encoder cards.

New features in Cisco VSM 6.3.2 include the following:

Camera replacement feature, which lets you easily replace a Cisco IP camera 2421 or 25xx model

• Updates to Cisco Smart Search

New on-screen Display (OSD) provides the controls for Kalatel Cyberdome 1 and 2 camera models

New camera and RAID health events

New RAID Status page in the Management Console

Support for two graphics cards and four monitors

Health monitoring e-mail notification feature, which sends e-mail messages to the designated

Updates to backup archive permission functionality recipient if error or warning events exist in the system

Erik

2 Replies 2

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Erik,

You're correct.  The guides should be posted shortly.  The installation and upgrade is the same as for 6.3.1.  I will be working on a install/upgrade script for 6.3.2 that will be pretty much the same as the one for 6.3.1, but I want to add in support for the new encoder card too.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Erik,

I have published the new Cisco VSM Software Assistant version 6.3.2 in the Documents section of the forums.  Please let me know if you run into any problems with it.

Thank you,

Sean

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: