Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence IP Phone stuck in upgrading state

Hi,
I am installing a CTS 3010 for a customer (Air France) since the beginning of the week ; today, I have configured the CTS and the 7975 IP Phone (with their respective mac addresses) in the CUCM for them to be able to register.

There was no problem for the CTS that registered on the CUCM after the upgrade in 1.7.2 version, however, I could not manage to get the phone registered and upgraded.

Indeed the phone never registered on the CUCM, never kept saved its IP address, mask and TFTP address. Instead, in the "Device Configuration" submenu, the first callmanager was something like FOXCONN and I could not erase it. It tried to make a reset to factory defaults but now it stuck in upgrading status and I cannot modify the phone configuration anymore.

Is there a process I can follow to successfully reset the phone ?

I have tried to open a TAC case but apparently, I do not have sufficient access rights to create such a case

Laurent

1 Reply 1

algalvan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,   DHCP is enabled when set to defaults.  Prior to reseting defaults the phone must be on a network that provides an IP address and TFTP  server address using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).  If you have access to the local router you may set DHCP.   Once the phone is up you may then access the configuration menus.  Disable DHCP and add back the static IP information.  This should get you running. 

Once the phone is up please note that certian upgrade paths are required.  If you're upgrading from a phone load 8.3 or lower you will first need to upgrade to 8.4(4) or 8.5(2).   Then upgrade to 8.5(3) or later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_3/english/release/notes/7900_853.html#wp57602