cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cp-8945 used with CUCM 8.0

scottsassin
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to add a cp-8945 video phone to a CUCM version 8.0.  When I try to add a new phone, the 8945 does not show up in the drop down window.  The only 89 series phone that shows up is the 8961.  How do I add this to my system?

Thanks,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That phone was not released when the 8.0 releases were built. You need to install the firmware on CUCM. This process is explained in the 894x release notes.

Please rate useful replies.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That phone was not released when the 8.0 releases were built. You need to install the firmware on CUCM. This process is explained in the 894x release notes.

Please rate useful replies.

The info worked.  The only thing is that Cisco does not mention that the cluster needs to be reloaded.  Thank you.

I'm having the same issue but I uploaded the firmware files to the CUCM server (the .sgn file and everything in the .zip) and reloaded the server and the 8945 still doesn't show up in list.

Am I missing something?

Hi there,

When you are trying to add a new Device/Model to CUCM you must use the

whole Device Pack rather than individual Firmware files

Something like;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Package release 8.0.3 (23030-2).

For CUCM 8.0(3)

Cheers!

Rob

That is exactly what I did.  I installed it at the upgrade tab in the OS administration, and it worked fine.

Thanks for the info!  I also see one of the firmware files to download is cmterm-894x-sccp.9-1-2-sr-1.cop.sgn and that seems like it should install but I get a hash value error.

Okay, I downloaded and installed successfully the cmterm-894x-sccp.9-1-2-sr-1.cop.sgn file but the 8945 still doesn't show up in the list for available devices.  I figure I need the device pack but I can't find it in the downloads section.  Is this something I can download?  I'm running CUCM 8.0(2c).

Hi there,

Here is the path;

Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Device Packages

Sadly, I don't believe there are any that are supported with 8.0(2). You may have

to upgrade to a minimum of 8.0(3) to use the one I linked earlier.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: