cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 120W VLAN

kurtmoonclc
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought a RV 120W router and 2 WAP200 access points. What I'm trying to do is setup a guest network at my restaraunt along with a private network for us to use. I can setup 2 VLAN's on the router, and the same 2 VLAN's on my WAP200's. I can access both wireless networks from the WAP200's and get my address from each one. My networks are:

VLAN1: 10.10.1.0/24 (private)

VLAN2: 192.168.1.0/24 (guest)

My issue is that when I'm on the guest network I am still able to see my shares on the private network. I have enabled isolation between SSID on the WAP200's and isolation within SSID also. I need to make it if on the guest you can't access anything on the private network for PCI compliance with credit cards and other information going over the network. My network setup is this:

RV120W->Dlink PoE Switch->WAP200's

I have also tried setting up as: RV120W->WAP200's but get the same result.

Any suggestions on what to try? I have made sure that inter-vlan is enabled on the RV120W also.

Thanks!

Kurt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Kurt,

I recommend that you disable the inter-vlan routing. The purpose of inter-vlan routing is to allow the router to pass traffic from one vlan to another.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Kurt,

I recommend that you disable the inter-vlan routing. The purpose of inter-vlan routing is to allow the router to pass traffic from one vlan to another.

Thanks so much, that worked perfectly!

Guess I didn't know what the inter-vlan routing was really doing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: