cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatically download Exported user data to re-import to AD

milne.james
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 7.x, I want to schedule an export of username,phone number from CUCM and automatically have it downloaded somewhere. I can do the export, but how would I go about the auto download, without having to go through the webpage?

Or how else to go about getting the info BACK into AD?

Thanks,

James

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

James,

What are you trying to do here...if you do AD integration the data is pulled one way from AD down to CUCM. If you dont do AD integration, but want to synchronize the user data manually, you should export the data from AD into a spreadsheet so that you can import that into CUCM using BAT...

i m not understanding what you are trying to do here..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I do sync with AD currently, and that is fine, but AD doesn't have the phone number information populated (and we are beginning to use CUCI-MOC, etc). So basically I want an automatic way to export username/dn and then I'll take that info and normalize it to username/e.164 dn and reimport it to AD, but I want to do all of it automatically once a week. So I need a way to download the job scheduled bat export automatically.

I believe you will need to use the AXL interface to do this. The FAQ for it even has an answer on getting the primary extension of a user. I am no developer but this is the only supported method I'm aware of interfacing with the product outside of the human-facing GUI.

James,

How many users are we talking about ? For starters you can export the user extensions and use AD tools to update the phone field settings, but moving forward any new user added would have to be manually updated. But in my opinion, a new hired user has to be created in AD anyway so why not update the phone number in full E164 format at the time the user is created ?

I understand you are trying to automate this process without having to worry about user error and mac errors and causing data to be out of sync between CUCM and AD, but i dont think there is a way to update AD with out creating a script that d run an AXL query from CUCM and then update that into AD (like Jonathan posted above)...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: