Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with inbound sip limitation with blast groups

I am setting up inbound calling on my SIP trunk. I have run into a problem with inbound sip limitation with blast groups. If I have a certain number of users (more than 8), the initial blast group just rings and goes nowhere. I have confirmed this with Cisco support, but I am guessing that there is a workaround or trick to do what I need to. Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is a CLI fix for this problem, but I've seen this resolve this issue when a "generic SIP trunk provider" is programmed in CCA.  Put this in your incoming dial-peers for the SIP trunk:

dial-peer voice XXXX voip
   voice-class sip rel1xx disable

Adam Compton

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

I have a similar setup but I have 10 phones and they all work as expected.  Is this similar to what you have setup?

Similar yes, but not exactly. I have blast groups with 15-18 phones. Is your phone system working on a SIP trunk? Do you know of any hard limitations with blast groups on a SIP trunk? If so, can you find a way to work around it?

Yes, I am using SIP for all incoming calls.   There are no hard limits based on blast or hunt groups.  Have you tried to point that SIP DID to a single extension as a test to troubleshoot?

This is a CLI fix for this problem, but I've seen this resolve this issue when a "generic SIP trunk provider" is programmed in CCA.  Put this in your incoming dial-peers for the SIP trunk:

dial-peer voice XXXX voip
   voice-class sip rel1xx disable

Adam Compton

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: