7960 IP-Phone Firmware Upgrade Procedure

Unanswered Question
Jun 28th, 2011

Hi everybody,  I'm facing some issues registering an IP-Phone to my call manager, and I believe this is because the IP-Phone has an old Firmware version.  My CUCM is version: 7.1.3.20000-2 The firmware for the 7960 Phones on the Call Manager's TFTP is: 8.1 (P00308010100) The IP-Phone firmware is 3.1 (P0030301MFG2)  Somebody at AT&T told me to upgrade the IP-Phone to version 5.0 before try to register to the call manager. But I have some doubts about the procedure.  We tried to set the phone to its default config with the standard procedure (# wait till stop flashing and then 123456789*0#) but nothing happened.  I'm not a "Unified Communications" guy, I'm more "security" guy so I need help with the next items:  - How does the IP-Phone register to the CUCM? - Does it upgrade its Firmware once it gets registered to the CUCM, or should it be upgraded first?  I have about 10 IP-Phones 7960 Series on my CUCM, I don't want to downgrade their Firmware while I'm trying to upgrade the phone. So, In order to use a TFTP server on a laptop. What are the files that i should have on the TFTP root folder and how is the procedure to upgrade the IP-Phone using my laptop.  If you have any kind of datasheet or manual, please let me know, I'm tired to look after this topic but the most of the datasheet and technotes are about SCCP to SIP conversion and SIP to SCCP rollback.  Thanks and Regards  Jose

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 06/28/2011 - 06:19

The procedure using a PC has been explained on this forum contless times. You just need to search and read.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 28, 2011 at 5:34 AM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:
Views:768 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard