cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent unable to ping server

vijay.singh
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco 3560 as VTP domain and Cisco 2960 as VTP client. I am facing a strange issue on my network. Somtime I am unable to ping a server from particular one workstation and some time not from any or some workstattions. From Cisco switch itself when I try to ping I get only one reply then no reply. I have changed the server's lan card, lan cable, switch port, remove antivirus, disabled firewall and even reformated the server's os. But issue is still there there and it happens intermittent to many servers. Kindly help how to resolve the same.

3 Replies 3

Antonio Knox
Level 7
Level 7

Let's see some configs or a diagram....

nikalleyne
Level 1
Level 1

Are you having any issues with spanning tree. What version of IOS are you running? What about MACFLAPs. Are you having any of those on your console or at your syslog?

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have vtp pruning enabled on your switches? Do "sh vtp status" and see if vtp pruning is on. Turn it off and test again

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card