Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue - PIX 515E -Cryptochecksum (changed):

mailme.tester
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have PIX 515E with Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software Version 7.2(2)22.

It had been already configured, so I wanted to set factory setting so i have given following commands..

# write erase

# reload

After rebooting I did not get prompt, PIX hangs with following message...

Configuration has non-ASCII characters and will be ignored.

Cryptochecksum (changed): d41d8cd9 8f00b204 e9800998 ecf8427e

Please help me how do get prompt?

Thanks,

Regards,

Partha

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Moreover if you want to configure the pIX 515E to factory default the command for it is:

configure factory-default

Usage Guidelines

For the PIX 515/515E and the ASA 5510 and higher security appliances,  the factory default configuration automatically configures an interface  for management so you can connect to it using ASDM, with which you can  then complete your configuration. For the ASA 5505 adaptive security  appliance, the factory default configuration automatically configures  interfaces and NAT so that the security appliance is ready to use in  your network.

This command is available only for routed firewall mode; transparent  mode does not support IP addresses for interfaces, and setting the  interface IP address is one of the actions this command takes. This  command is also only available in single context mode; a security  appliance with a cleared configuration does not have any defined  contexts to automatically configure using this command.

This command clears the current running configuration and then configures several commands.

If you set the IP address in the configure factory-default command, then the http command uses the subnet you specify. Similarly, the dhcpd address command range consists of addresses within the subnet that you specify.

After you restore the factory default configuration, save it to internal Flash memory using the write memory command. The write memory command  saves the running configuration to the default location for the startup  configuration, even if you previously configured the boot config command to set a different location; when the configuration was cleared, this path was also cleared.

here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/security/asa/asa72/command/reference/c4_72.html#wp2039866

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Partha,

This points me towards a flash issue, it might be a hardware problem. I would suggest you to contact TAC for it, this might need investigation.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi Varun,

Thanks for your reply.

I got the issue with another - PIX 515E also. Will it be also flash issue?

Regards,

Partha

Moreover if you want to configure the pIX 515E to factory default the command for it is:

configure factory-default

Usage Guidelines

For the PIX 515/515E and the ASA 5510 and higher security appliances,  the factory default configuration automatically configures an interface  for management so you can connect to it using ASDM, with which you can  then complete your configuration. For the ASA 5505 adaptive security  appliance, the factory default configuration automatically configures  interfaces and NAT so that the security appliance is ready to use in  your network.

This command is available only for routed firewall mode; transparent  mode does not support IP addresses for interfaces, and setting the  interface IP address is one of the actions this command takes. This  command is also only available in single context mode; a security  appliance with a cleared configuration does not have any defined  contexts to automatically configure using this command.

This command clears the current running configuration and then configures several commands.

If you set the IP address in the configure factory-default command, then the http command uses the subnet you specify. Similarly, the dhcpd address command range consists of addresses within the subnet that you specify.

After you restore the factory default configuration, save it to internal Flash memory using the write memory command. The write memory command  saves the running configuration to the default location for the startup  configuration, even if you previously configured the boot config command to set a different location; when the configuration was cleared, this path was also cleared.

here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/security/asa/asa72/command/reference/c4_72.html#wp2039866

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi Varun,

I did not find configure factory-default command in PIX 515E, so that i have used

# write erase

# reload

is there any way to get prompt?

Thanks,

Partha

Also i am unable to see the link -http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/security/asa/asa72/command/reference/c4_72.html#wp2039866

Says Forbidden File or Application.

Thanks,

Partha

Here's the PDF for it attached.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Thanks fot the pdf.

I revisit the configuration.

Regards,

Partha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: