cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5580 & multicast (bonjour)

hollap-sn
Level 1
Level 1

I have just completed an 18AP install at my place of employment and we have run into a slight problem.

The Apple clients on our wireless LAN cannot discover printers through the bonjour protocol.

Am I correct in saying this would be related to either a unicast or multicast issue?

Can someone point me in the correct direction on how to begin configuring either unicast or multicast between the 5508's and other switching devices.

Currently I have the 2 5508's patched into a 3750 (which provides routing) and from that switch on, the other AP's connect from the network.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable Multicast Globally on the WLC..

WLC GUI >> Controller >> Multicast >> Enable Global Multicast >> Enable Snooping >> Let the timeout be in defaults (60 seconds)..

and follow the below link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807cc10d.shtml

lemme know if this helps and please dont forget to rate hte usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

i am having similar issues .. I enable snooping from 3 to 15 min... Now i am able to print or printer shows up for 15 min then it disappear again until I restart the printer again... This happen to two different printers

its a AIR-WLC2112-K9

Product version 5.1.151.0 boot loader: 4.0.191.0

Airprint may not be compatible with IGMP snooping -- I've seen cases where igmp snooping needs to be disabled for reliable service. I'm not sure if Airprint can be configured to participate in IGMP.

-Pat

if i disable IGMP snooping then it doesn't even show up on the iphones or ipads.. its says printer cannot be found

if i restart the printer again its availble for 15 min or so then it disappers -

printer  epson artisan 837

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card