Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 default login and password not working

TonryTech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a site to site VPN for a client with 2 RVS4000 VPN routers.  The main office router is in use with no issues.  I'm attempting to login to the second identical unused router as "admin" with a password of "admin" which is not working.  I performed a 10 second reset per the users guide but still can't login.  Something else that seems strange is that the users guide states that the IP should be 192.168.1.1, but it is 192.168.1.2.  I'm guessing that it may have been previously configured and that the router is not resetting properly or it could just be junk.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like the reset did not take. I would try holding in the reset for at least 30 seconds. If the reset was successful it should reset the LAN IP of the router to 192.168.1.1 and the password to admin. Try holding in for 30 seconds and see how this goes.

THANKS

Rick Roe

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Hi Rick, what about if I need to reset the password but I need to keep the current configuration, this is very important, the guy that was handling it pass away and we need to access this router. any Idea how to do it??  thanks in advanced.

Hi

If I reset my Router will it delete all the existing configurations?

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Try the 30 sec reset

This works for me

On Jul 11, 2011 4:55 AM, "TonryTech" <

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: