Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIVS-IPC-2421

Hey guys,

This is kind of a reboot of an older thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3314451#33 but it looks like that thread got old and lost its spark.  I'm hoping that starting a new one will create some intrigue. 

I'm basically having the same issue as Nick on that older thread.  I have one big black screen.  No matter what settings I change and how many times I reboot the camera I get the same big black screen.  As a little background on the camera:  It is PoE via a cisco switch.  It is an indoor dome camera mounted to the ceiling in the corner of a computer lab.  The majority of the day the room is dark, which is why it took me so long to figure out that the camera actually had a problem.  We figured out one day when a class came in and turned the lights on, that the camera still looked dark as ever.  Usually when a class comes in I'm able to see them just fine.  One day it just quit working.  (Attached pics of camera in GUI & VSOM) Nick mentioned on the older thread that it might be the motor controlling the iris getting stuck.  If thats the case is there a way to fix/jar the motor so that it starts working again?  Thanks in advance.

Larry

LSC camera gui.bmp

LSC camera vsom.bmp

3 Replies 3

etijburg
Level 4
Level 4

I know there was a batch of 2400 made last year that were bad.  These could be part of that batch.  The cameras we not bad during staging but did go bad right after install.

Erik

jfiranzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Larry,

For troubleshooting steps, you can try configuring the camera web interface to turn off auto-iris and see if that makes a difference, force it to day mode, night mode to test.  You can also try tracing the iris cable from the lens to the camera circuit board and ensure it is firmly attached.

If neither of these suggestions yields anything other than a black screen (and I'm assuming reboots and factory resets have already been tried,) then this camera should be replaced.

I hope that helps,

Jim

Hey guys,

Yes I've tried all of the above and even did a firmware update and nothing worked.  Though I noticed that there were actually 4 wires coming out of the lens.  2 of the wires plugged into a circuit board in close proximity to the lens.  It plugged in like a PC fan would connect to the motherboard.  I was able to reseat that plug, but nothing happened.  For the record I reseated that plug while the camera was powered off, and then I turned the camera back on to see if anything changed. . . which it didn't.  The other 2 wires looked like it would take some disassembly to get to. 

So I ended up purchasing an identical model for replacement.  I'm kind of betting that the new camera won't do the same thing, hopefully.  I'm replacing it so that we'll have something in production while I continue to troubleshoot the broken one.  Worst case scenario I'll just throw the broken one in the trash, best case I'll have a working spare.  Btw thank you guys for the replies, I appreciate it.  So would you guys consider this thread resolved?  Let me know.  Thanks.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: