cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560, PAP2T & DECT phone Recall button (hookflash)

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

We have a scenario with a PAP2T ATA registering as a SIP device to a UC560.  Plugged into the PAP2T are some Kirk 4040 DECT handsets.  Calls to and from the handsets work fine, but the 'R' (Recall) button used to place a call on hold does not work.  The other end of the call can here a tone when the button is pressed but nothing happens.  The voice register pool on the UC560 is set to dtmf-relay rtp-nte (i.e. RFC2833), inline with this document on the SPA8000 - https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9596.

Can anyone suggest any settings on the PAP2T to get this working please?

Many thanks.

1 Reply 1

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think the issue here is that when the user of the DECT phone presses the recall button a DTMF tone is being sent.

What I think you need is for the recall button to send a loop time break instead

On some POTS phones you can see a switch on the phone which allows you to select the RECALL type to be either TB or TONE.

You could try a quich press and relaes of the switch hook , I think this is masked on your DECT with a handset symbol.

To prove the point you cold also try using a POTS phone with TB recall on the port that the dect is using.

I did try a google for the kirk 4040 manual but there was no mention of changing the signalling used for RECALL.

Hope this helps

Regards
Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.